As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Take a look through our Gallery to find ideas on How to wear off the shoulder tops.
Off the shoulder, tops are a must-have modern basic. These tops have been rising up the style trend charts for the past few seasons, and their popularity only continues to grow as we get closer to the summer season. They’re simple and casual but can transform any forgettable basic outfit into a trendy, eye-catching look capable of turning anyone’s head around.
Here are a few must-know style tips on how to wear Off the Shoulder tops:
1. Find the right fit:
You want to find tops that fit your height. The length of your off-the-shoulder top should correspond with your height. If you’re on the taller side, you can balance your height out by wearing long tops. If you’re shorter, it’s better to stick to shorter off-the-shoulder tops or tuck long tops into the front of your pants.
- Longer tops are ones that can go below the waist of your pants or skirt or ones that cover your butt when you wear them.
- Shorter off-the-shoulder tops could be crop tops or any tops that hit the waist of your pants or skirt or go above.
2. Stick to tops that compliment your figure:
Off shoulder tops naturally, focus on your necklines and your collar bones. You want to make your shoulder presentable. The type of tops also compliments your body. A tight top focuses more on your curves. You don’t want to wear that umbrella type of tops. If you have a fuller chest, off-the-shoulder tops that are flowy or streamlined will look best on you. For smaller chests, you’ll be able to pull off form-fitting off-the-shoulder tops. Whichever style is right for you, try it on before making a final decision
3. Look for on an off-the-shoulder top that allows arm movement:
Off-the-shoulder tops can be restrictive when it comes to arm movement. If your top is too tight, you won’t be able to move your arms at all. Look for an off-the-shoulder top that allows you to move your arms and is comfortable.
4. Prevent Slip-Ups:
Keeping your tops in place is one of the main struggles when it comes to off-shoulder tops. The slip-ups can end up showing more skin that you want. Here are a few ways on how to prevent slip-ups using just a few safety pins and hair bands.
- Grab two hair bands and attach one safety pin to opposite ends of each band–using a total of four pins.
- Pin the safety pins inside your top, along the hidden inner seam that runs under your arms from the front to the back of the top.
- When you put on your top, make sure the bands are underneath your armpits to keep it from sliding down or creeping up during wear.